Synergy to be discontinued?

tripod

I posted this question at the end of another thread, but I'm afraid it may not be seen there.

In one of BobG's posts he noted that the new Klipsch models are replacing the R-3 series and the Synergy series. The part about the Synergy series being replaced was news to me. Is anyone else aware of this or am I just reading his post wrong? Here's what he wrote in the General Forum:

"For clarity, I'll repeat. The RF-7, the RF-5, the RC-7, the RS-7 and all the RSW subwoofers remain unchanged at the top of the Reference Series. The new models Replace everything below the RF-5 and all of the Synergy models. Those new RF-7s have not been eclipsed."

----------------

On 1/30/2003 7:51:20 AM speed3 wrote:

Yes, the synergy line is being discontinued. Not sure about the quintets, but the smaller reference bookshelf and floor standers will effectively replace the synergy line. Good idea IMO.
----------------

Doesn't that kind of defeat the idea of a "Reference" line? How can every model available from a company be reference? Kind of silly in my opinion.