Looking for Matching Receiver/Amp for RP-8000f II Speakers

dupr114

I would appreciate a receiver recommendation.  I just purchased RP-8000f II Speakers to replace Boston Acoustics T830s from the 1980s.  I thought I could keep my Yamaha RX-V765 receiver for the short term, but when I connected them to the Klipsch 8000f II speakers, I found that the old Boston Acoustics had a MUCH greater bass response and, for that reason, an overall fuller sound.  I will assume this is because of the receiver, but the Boston Acoustics speakers also require less power than the Klipsch (see below).  I posted the specs of the Boston Acoustics and Yamaha below.  So, if this is a receiver issue, and a new receiver would realize more of the potential of the 8000f II's,

I'm looking for a sub-$1,000 receiver.  I will only use the two Klipsch speakers and do NOT have a subwoofer or surround sound (nor do I plan on purchasing at this point).  My needs are for 65% music and 35% for video.  The room is about 20 x 10 feet with 8-foot ceilings.  For example, I've read that the Sony STR-AN1000 Receiver is a good match for the 8000f II's with a good price/feature ratio, but any recommendations on receivers and feedback would be appreciated.  

Specs of Boston Acoustics T830 speakers that I am replacing:

Power handling: 15–100 watts at 8 ohms

Woofer: 8 inch

Midrange: 3.5 inch

Tweeter: 1 inch

Response: Flat from 45 Hz to 20 kHz within 3 db

Sensitivity: 90 db/W/m

Specs of Yamaha RX-V765 Receiver:

95 watts x 7 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD

Full specs: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-7dJT1RM6PsE/p_022RXV765/Yamaha-RX-V765.html

Specs of Sony STR-AN1000 Receiver

NUMBER OF AMP. CHANNELS: 7ch

SPEAKER IMPEDANCE: 6–16 ohms

POWER OUTPUT: 120 W + 120 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 0.9%)

NUMBER OF DECODABLE CHANNELS: 7.1ch

Full specs: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/audio-components-receivers-amplifiers/str-an1000/specifications

Thanks in advance!

Bruce