Nice HF-81 on Ebay

NOSValves

It sold for $290. Seemed to be a really clean unit but he never showed the wiring, something I always try to see if at all possible. IF anyone is interested in ANY of these vintage amps, always ask to get a nice look at the wiring if possible. While it obviously wont tell you everything it will give you a good idea what has been done underneath (and what might lie ahead ie Trip to ole NOSValves).

kh

Seems like the price of entry is creeping towards $ 300.

Unless the unit is really in need of heavy cosmetic rehab and is missing tubes or knobs.

Still looking fore one under a rock.

We finally found a electrical repair shop specializing in older equipment outside of Mexico City. The old man we are told only opens up 2-3 days per week. Supposedly he has expeiece with tube equipment.

Even if he does not have any amps, I will go through his stock to see if there are any NOS values on my trip the end of February.

I have one being sent to me from LA (thanks to kelly) that the guy only paid $175 from ebay and says its clean but needs a rebuild. You just never know its the same way with Scott amps one day there up to $300 the next you can get one for $150 either way there still a bargin to say the least !!

Craig