Anyone raise their Cornwall IVs off the floor?

On 1/18/2024 at 11:49 AM, Oldewizard said:

Im not looking for validation. However, as you may have noticed for better or for worse there are some very smart folks on the interwebs with

outstanding ideas. Asking questions isnt wrong. You took the time to comment on a thread giving no constructive input. /shrug

It is your ears and your room.  Give it a try.  

There are two many variables to say do it or not.  1. Toe-in 2. height 3. tilt

Due to the dispersion of the horns, all the above will be key.  If you are looking for bass reinforcement or reduction, #2 will be critical.  It will even be affected by either milk crates (holes through them and density vs. cement blocks with corresponding reinforcement vs. loosing the floor.

Here's a practical reason to get 'em off the floor-so they don't get wet.

If you have your floorstanding speakers in the basement, and the basement floods, the cabinets

will surely warp.

This dawned on me when my basement flooded once. I had about 1/4 inch of water and thank

goodness my kg sw subwoofer was on 1 inch metal coned feet (I bought it used, without any feet.)

I dream about buying a pair of LaScalas some day but wonder how I'd protect them from possible

water damage without getting them so high off the floor that it alters the sound.

• Like 1