Spikes

imagesetter1.......Most experts do strongly encourage the use of spikes and most high-end speakers manufactures include quite elaborate spiking/footing hardware. In many cases spikes will have a positive effect on tightening and speeding up your lower end, although from my own experience I believe speaker positioning is more important. Most of this just depends on your own taste. I personally run my Epic's with spikes. Another positive with spikes is that you can adjust angles of your cabinets to compensate for listening position. GOOD LUCK

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BobG,

I must disagree. The listener may not hear much difference in sound, but the neighbors will! This is especially true if you live in a condo or apartment complex where walls and floors are shared. I had to move out of the condo I was renting because my fossil neighbors couldn't take it. I didn't know what they were talking about until I went into their unit with my stereo running. No wonder they were upset! It must have been impossible to watch Matlock or the Golden Girls with all that racket going on! I moved into a house solely occupied by ME cwm41.gif

This message has been edited by Mr. Blorry on 06-12-2001 at 03:32 PM

Mr. B and Bob G. support something that I discussed in another area. Perhaps the spikes do transmit vibration into the floor and walls. Maybe there is some better radiation in the listening room and others nearby.

Gil