Klipsch KP 301 questionsv

Gamma

Hi  ‘ m a newbie… I have opportunity to buy a pair of Kp 301 original made in 1988. They have new caps and everything else is supposed to work fine. I can use advice from this great group on the following:

Does $850 seem like a good price?

Would a Denon avr with 125w per channel power this well? (X4500H)

Finally if I converted the back panel to a 5 way post and wired for bi amp, would like reduce the resale value?

Attaching a picture. I have not listened, but would be buying from a guy that says the sounds good, and he currently also owns la scalas.  Says they have been recapped, and sound great

Thanks!

• Like 2

$850 is an excellent price for KP-301s. They're very efficient; for a while I was running mine with a 30W Marantz, though they do really shine with more wattage. 125W is plenty. I can't imagine that converting the back would hurt value.

Charlie

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gamma said:

Finally if I converted the back panel to a 5 way post and wired for bi amp, would like reduce the resale value?

850$ sounds great-

-modifying / drilling into the Factory terminal cup would affect the resale value 

• Like 1

That is a great price

Would a Denon avr with 125w per channel power this well? (X4500H)

I don't use any AVR equipment, so I can't say.

The 301 are ready to be bi-amped. There is a jumper wire inside that needs to be cut or removed. No need to fabricate anything. 

• Like 1