Power output question

Mempho5859

I have been looking at doing my system all over again but have been confused about amp ratings. I have some exp with electronics but don't understand how amps outputs can be rated at 700 watts at 4 ohms/2 ohms( example only) when the math says house circuits won't hold up to things like this.Unless everyone that has these killer amps have replaced their breakers with monster breakers too. Or have individual circuits for each of the amps. This might seem like a dumb question but I want to do this right the first time.

I am not sure how you are calculating the power handling capabilities of your house but bear in mind that an ordinary toaster oven is rated at about 1500 watts and an electric range will draw as much as 3000 watts so even an absurdly powerful amp should present no problem in most houses.

A single 15 amp circuit would be able to provide 15 amps X 110 volts = 1650 watts.

I hope this answers you concerns.

P.S. Most Klipsch speakers will blast you out of the house when fed by a 25 watt/channel amp.9.gif