RC-7 and RS-7 with RF-3II's am I nuts or does this make sense?

mmiles

I know the website does not suggest this as a possible configuration but...

1. The RF-3II and RF-5 (Klipsch suggest either the RC-3II/7 and RS-3II/7 will match the latter) are very close in size and spec plus they share the same woofer and the RF-5 to me does not sound 40%+ better (MSRP difference) to me when A/B test where done recently.

2. If I ever remodel the room over the garage (18 x 24) and upgrade to the big daddy RF-7 I would already have the matching surrounds and center.

Am I out in left field here? Have I misses something? There is a noticable difference in RC-3II / RC-7 as well as the RS-3II and RS-7. I have A/B tested both while traveling on business recently as well.

It's late and I rambling again. Time for bed.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

I sent you an email.....

The RF3II is the weaklink in my system. I know it sounds nutty but they are.

I tried the RS3 and 7 side by side in my HT. They are shelf mounted 5.5 ft above the floor. The 7's are heavier and recommend having a friend around to lend a hand. Sound wise the 7's won hands down. The increased sensitivity was very noticable. When I sampled Episode 1 pod race chapters 20-23 it was like 2 different movies.

RC3 and 7 not as big of a difference but the 7 does sound better, more highs and deeper mids.

I have no regrets in my decision and if I had to do it again I would not hesitate going down the same route or recommending the set up. If I had more room the RF7 would have been considered.

I can assure you, you will not be disappointed.

With the money you save you too can buy an SVS sub

Now I must go figure out how to hide the SVS.

3.gif

Interesting comment re: the RF-3II's. I do prefer the RF-7 of course but size and $$$.$$ are the main issues. The RF-5 does sound better in the mids but not 40% (price diff.) better to me.

BTW, got an SVS sub (2039PC+) on 1/20/03.

Vadda bing vadda B O O M !!!

I think the RC-7 is a great match, and will sound awesome. It is like night and day from the RC-3, I've owned both and spent extended time with them.

----------------

RC3 and 7 not as big of a difference but the 7 does sound better, more highs and deeper mids.

----------------

I totally disagree. It's a huge difference.

----------------

I tried the RS3 and 7 side by side in my HT. They are shelf mounted 5.5 ft above the floor. The 7's are heavier and recommend having a friend around to lend a hand. Sound wise the 7's won hands down. The increased sensitivity was very noticable. When I sampled Episode 1 pod race chapters 20-23 it was like 2 different movies.

----------------

Oh,oh, maybe I need to rethink my set-up, I was happy with my RS-3's, but to say it's like watching two different movies...

Bottom line, the set-up you are proposing will work and sound great, regardless of what some hook-up chart says. Good luck.