Klipsch R-40SA

Hello,

I am building a home theater in a spare room and I need a recommendation on a pair of speakers. My question is can I use the Klipsch R-40SA as left and right surround speakers? Or should I buy the Klipsch R-50M bookshelf speakers and use them as surround channels instead? I noticed the description says may be used for both purposes and even noticed in pictures being used as left and right side surround channels. Also, does anybody know the frequency response for the R-40SA? I cannot find it , always says confirms to Dolby specifications. 

4 hours ago, Stevevaiamd2006 said:

Hello,

I am building a home theater in a spare room and I need a recommendation on a pair of speakers. My question is can I use the Klipsch R-40SA as left and right surround speakers? Or should I buy the Klipsch R-50M bookshelf speakers and use them as surround channels instead? I noticed the description says may be used for both purposes and even noticed in pictures being used as left and right side surround channels. Also, does anybody know the frequency response for the R-40SA? I cannot find it , always says confirms to Dolby specifications. 

The R-40SA can be used for your surround speakers.

Dolby Atmos specs are; Frequency Range: 40 Hz to 16 kHz, +3/–6 dB; Frequency Response: 80 Hz to 16 kHz, ±3 dB  

@khornukopia ok thank you for the reply. So these R-40SA speakers can be used as surround speakers and height speakers? Is that right? I have another question. Where would you recommend I set my crossover on my AVR when using the R-40SA as side surround speakers? At 80hz? I am worried because I don't wouldn't want to damage them.