Academy and Forte

hz536n

I may be able to get an Academy Center. How much of a "match" is it for the Forte speakers (not Forte II)? My current center is the KV-3, how much improvement would the Academy be over the KV-3?

How would the KV-3 match up if I moved it to be the Rear Center with the Forte Mains and Academy Center?

Thanks

The Academy is a great match for the Forte (I or II), Chorus (I or II), and Quartet. I used to have a KV-3 and while it is a very good speaker, the Academy is even better. If you don't have room for another Forte, then the Academy is the way to go. The KV-3 would do quite well as a back center, since it isn't in the same plane as your front speaker trio. What do you have for surrounds?

Thanks Guys,

I got the Klipsch Academy! I found it as a recent trade-in at a Klipsch Dealer while traveling for business. It is black and in very good physical appearance with a 90 day warranty. It should arrive next week.

My Receiver is a Yamaha RX-V1200 and I will try the KV-3 as the rear center. I do not have any rear surrounds for this system. Any suggestions are welcome. I am both space and budget challenged so more Forte speakers are not an option.