HT Room

erikjohn

Well I have been holding off saying anything because I havent got any pictures yet but I am moved into my HT romm and all I can say is that I have never heard anything that compares to the sound. The room makes such a huge difference. It sounds awesome. I have only got the one LaScala hung above the TV from the Stailess coil rod as I explained in previous posts but it looks really good. Anyway the rest of the speakers are on the floor except the heresey's which are sitting on stands and the KSW-12 is sitting on the rear center LaScala as a rear sub, soon to be replaced by the RSW-15.

For those of you who don't know anything about me, I just built and addition to my house with a dedicated HT room. The room is 25'x30'9.5'. My parents bought the Bee Gee's new DVD from a concert in 97' and we listened to it this weekend. I felt like I was at the show. Aside, what a great concert I highly reccomend it. I had the system pretty much cranked to the max. My mother commented that she felt like she was getting a full body massage. Anyway in that room the SPL meter from the middle of the room was maxing out at around 118db's which I thought was pretty good. I love the dual ultra's as they are working awesome. I have two dedicated 30amp outlets behind the system and all of the speaker wiring is 9 ga in the walls. I think the dedicated outlets has helped stabilize the power to everything and increased the performance.

I will try to get som pics posted before the weekend.

EJ 1.gif

rooms do make a big difference.

the room in my basement isnt very large, but is basically shaped like a miniature movie theater.

the previous owner of our house used it as a recording studio... which is cool.

it has the little room off the the side with two windows looking in >=)

we drywalled those up though...

if i had a digicam i'd post some pics.

But my friend has a full Paradigm Studio100 setup... and no subwoofer though

i dont have a sub either, and have bookshelfs all around, but as far as midrange-trebble, my system can easisly compete with his, because his room is not very sound at all. Although his system can defeintly best mine in output by a large margin and overall sound quality... but then again he spent at least 5x as much as me so... its all good >=)

when i build/buy a sub this summer, and perhaps upgrade to klipsch bookselfs all around... we'll see then >=)