Klipschorns AK2 crossover rebuild?

Hi there!

I'm helping a friend of mine, he has a very nice pair of vintage klipschorns (I'm pretty sure they're late 1970s - early 1980s) he's thinking of replacing capacitor on his ak2 crossovers just for mids and highs. Everything still original on his speaker, capacitors, wiring, tweeters, mids, etc. 

I'm well aware of the fame ak2 crossover has, at this moment he doesn't have the money to buy new crossovers.

My question is, is it worth it replace caps? Am I going to hear a noticeable improvement?

I told him he could replace the wiring and tweeters diaphragms ( it helped me on my khorns)

I want to hear you guys thoughts and make the right decision.

Thank you in advance

Edwin

He doesn’t need new crossovers, he just needs to update a couple of parts. He needs to replace his current autoformer with a T4A, and substitute the 4mH in parallel with the midrange driver to a 5mH. The caps on those are fine, I have yet to find a bad one, and I’ve measured plenty. I stock both parts if interested. 

• Like 2

On 3/11/2024 at 10:00 PM, Deang said:

He doesn’t need new crossovers, he just needs to update a couple of parts. He needs to replace his current autoformer with a T4A, and substitute the 4mH in parallel with the midrange driver to a 5mH. The caps on those are fine, I have yet to find a bad one, and I’ve measured plenty. I stock both parts if interested. 

I emailed you!

• Like 1