HT Pics Finally

erikjohn

See the resized photo HT-02a below. the attached one is incorrect.

As promised here are some pics of the new HT room. This one is of the front. It is a little blurry but the Khorns are in the corners with tht hereseys on top of them on stands. One sub is just inside of each khorn. Obviously you see one of the LaScalas hanging above the TV. Soon all of the speakers with the exception of the Khorns will hang similiar style to this. You will see in the other pics that the Cornwalls are sitting in the Back corners on the floor for now and the rear center LaScala is on the floor with the KSW-12 on top as a rear sub until the RSW-15 arrives.

EJ1.gif

post-4869-13819246495584_thumb.jpg

See the resized pic HT-08A below, the attached one is hard to see as it is too big.

The right rear. The Cornwall will hang obove the door and the LaScala will hang just as the front does. THe double doors go to the existing house. I have two sets of double doors and a short hallway that separtate the HT from the existing house. The doors you see are exterior insulated doors. Eight feet beyond them is another det of wooden double doors that open into the existing. The sound isolation from the existing house is very good.

post-4869-13819246506178_thumb.jpg

This is very impressive...thanks for sharing!

I've heard Khorns on a long wall with a Cornwall center on the ground for music but not for movies.

I would be interested in your observations on the sound:

* how is the LaScala for dialog? Are there any concerns with it sound matching the screen? I've been experimenting with this using my Heresy inverted directly on top of my RPTV.

* how would you describe the movie effects (ie car driving from L to R using long wall Khorns vs having speakers close to the screen)? I assume the off screen sounds are very interesting.

* are there any issues with the sides being at one height and the center notably higher?

As you may have seen in my pics I have Cornwalls close to my RPTV and an inverted Heresy so I've been experimenting. I think I've zero'ed in on my speaker location...but I've dreamed about using KHorns and a front project system in the future...not near future.

Thanks! These ultimate systems are fun to see and read about.

----------------

I would be interested in your observations on the sound:

* how is the LaScala for dialog? Are there any concerns with it sound matching the screen? I've been experimenting with this using my Heresy inverted directly on top of my RPTV.

* how would you describe the movie effects (ie car driving from L to R using long wall Khorns vs having speakers close to the screen)? I assume the off screen sounds are very interesting.

* are there any issues with the sides being at one height and the center notably higher?

----------------

Kjohnson,

Ive seen your pics and they look great. TO answer your questions:

-The LaScala is an awesome center and works perfectly with dialog. The front soundstage is seamless with the LaScala up. Keep in mind the Khorns are 25' apart and the the LaScala is only about 1.5' from the top of the TV. It works perfectly with the LaScala in the air. I would never think of putting it down low if I could help it. Getting it up in the air helps with dispersion and imaging. You'll notice it is slightly pointed to the listening area but not directly, just above. You have to be careful with a center this big placement will make it over power just as much as gain/volume. If it's totally in your face and your mains are 15-20 feet away just turning down the gain isn't going to work.

'-Movie effect are killer. The big distance between the mains and the large center all of which disperse a large sound pattern which makes it seamless realy gives you a sense of space. Put like this when a car drives across the screen I look both ways before crossing the road. THis also goes for the front to back but this will improve once the Cornwalls and LaScala are lifted up. This will give a sense of the additional space that I was talking about. Off screen sounds are sweet, often sounding like they are coming from somewhere other than where a speaker is at.

-No issues with the height of the front sound stage. The setup I have would be preferred, I guarantee it. The key is to have the center angled towards the veiwer, but not directly, pitched up slightly. Note that the Heresey's which are used as Front Effects will be raised up to the ceiling, turned down and towards the listener but slightly off axis to the outside to help with imaging.

Thanks for the comments.

EJ1.gif

----------------

On 2/10/2003 2:37:00 PM kjohnsonhp wrote:

Wow! Very impressive!

Are you going to share that with other home theater forums? They would probably enjoy seeing a monster heritage system.

After shopping the stores and hearing the new equipment options, I continue to be impressed with the price/performance of Heritage...

----------------

I doubt I will share with any other forums, This really the only one I frequent, don't care much for the others unless I am looking for some specific information. I am going to make sure I get some better pics when the other speakers get lifted up.

It is pretty sweet isn't it.hehe I am in heaven.

BTW I left work early yesterday about 2 hours after the posts to see my wife at the Hospital. We had our second child. His name is Christian Alexander he was born at 1:54 and was 9lbs 12oz. Both mommy and baby are doing great.

EJ1.gif