What is Klipsch thinking

Bruinsrme

It is clear that Klipsch wants to use mass market channels for the Synergy line and high end shops for the Reference line. Klipsch believes that the market is segmented along these lines and that they will sell more with this strategy.

I do not understand why they are not continuing with Magnolia-HiFi. Magnolia is very high end and highly respected by that market. They must have something lined up to replace Magnolia and Tweeter. If they do not, they have made a very serious mistake IMHO.

Bill

Bill, I agree. I was looking to upgrade my RF3II to the RF7s in 6 months. With Tweeter right down the road the purchase location is a no brainer.

They stated in the announcement they would still sell through specialty stores. There are several in the Boston area. I was rudely received and pushed out of the 3 stores because I wasn't spending $50k. I hope Klipsch provides some outlet so these speakers can be enjoyed by the masses and not the few.

Scott

Just a friendly heads-up. We're discussing this over in the general questions section under "unfortunate rumor"

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=31071&sessionID={257A278A-23D8-41FA-81FE-3252A67776CE}

Bruinsrme,

I'm in the Boston area. What stores did you go in? I don't go into a lot of the high end places for the very reason you stated, they sneer at you if you're not taking out a mortgage to buy their equipment.

Well, it doesn't sound like I'm as old as you but I've been watching since 1979 when a certain young defenseman named Bourque showed up. I was 9 at the time and yes, I too had to change the channel by hand.1.gif

I still remember being in second grade, Mrs. Downey's class, when someone said their daddy was mad the Bruins didn't have Orr anymore. How sad is that?

When Bobby Orr's agent decided not to present the Bruins offer to him and only show him the Blackhawks offer that was a sad day in Boston.

Although, Bobby Orr will always be a legend in the eyes of Bruins fans and those who appreciate the sport. Ray Bourque was, unfortunatley, always compared to Orr. Well being compared to Orr can't be a bad thing.

Both players have significantly advanced the game as well as the positions they played. Both were class acts and gentlemen. When Ray came back to town for the final time as an Av player he showed more respect and apprciation to the Boston fans, who are the worst including me, than could ever be expected.

When Norm L skated in the last Hoooraaaah on Garden ice it was Ray that helped Norm live a dream. Class....

Too bad the B's will never win a cup but there will always be the one player that will win the hearts of the fans. Joe Thorton is that player. I seriously think Kyle Mclaren had the opportunity to be the next Bourque but something happened and I personally do not think Kyle was ready for such a role.