How can I hook up a reciever to a computer?

jwp

What sort of sound card?

What I do for stereo (and Pro-Logic) is use a 1/8" "headphone" adaptor (like on a sound card, the plugs on it) to dual RCA (like analoge audio inputs.) This plug can be had for $1 and then you just plug the cables into the receiver.

If you start on optical/coaxial output, that is different.

If you need more details, let me know, I had to figure out all that stuff myself, so I will pass the knowledge along.

If you still interested, do a search for Internet radio as a topic on the general forum. A month or two ago, I posted a longish message about my own research into devices to reproduce sound from my computer thru the Cornwalls. My final choice of cost vs value was a USB converter running a 30' cable to a digital input.

Kenneth is correct. I have a system set up like this, where I have a 1/8 headphone connector with two connections coming out of my computer,I have cable (radio shack audio cable) running to two integrated amps where I just hook up to the AUX connection with a Y connector. I run two sets of speakers with no problems. I listen to Beethoven.com internet music. Total cost was about 12.00 dollars. Hope you get this done, I love listening to music thru my computer. regards