Sound quality effect with the grills on/ off?

legend9

Are you referring to the reference series. I have rf-3 II, rc-3 II, rs-3 II, and a rsw-12. The grilles on the rf-3's did have a lot of plastic in them, so I removed them. I enjoy the sound quality much more. Also I like the way they look with the grilles off, just striking. I removed the grilles off the rest of the series, since i think it looks best to have all speaker the same.

Ditto!

Yea I agree, it can't really affect the sound THAT much. That being said...I still went and took mine off just to see if it did haha. I couldn't hear a difference at all but I probably don't have the audiophiles ear for it. I did really like the look of them with grills off though so I'm keeping it that way for now.

Thanks, gotta love the Matrix.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol ^^^ good point man. I totally didn't even look at the date of the last post my bad. Haha well I just may take a second listen with all my grills off. Looks like the general consensus is that it does affect the sound quality some.

The age of the question don't really matter, did not look like anyone came up with a good answer over the years did they Big Smile It may affect it slightly but probably very little overall ? Probably less than a few beers affects the sound. Stick out tongue

Nice avatar

A few beers, lol, I don't remember that affecting the sound.[*-)]