Power requirements for RSW-15

Greedo12

Hi,

I'm about to take the plunge and purchase an RSW-15.

My question is regarding the power requirements for this sub - should I be considering running in a separate circuit for this beast, or should it be ok sharing the line with other, less power hungry, components.

I don't mind turning off the lights whilst watching films, but I'd like to be able to switch them back on again afterwards, without having to replace a fuse.

Any thoughts anyone?

System:

ATI-2502

Denon AVR-4800

RS-7 surrounds

RB5-II fronts

KLF-C7 centre

REL Strata sub - but not for much longer - the old boy just can't keep up

You have made a wise decision imo,unless you have substandard power supply at outlet you should be ok.Long before the 15 breaks a sweat your head will,I have mine at 50%on sub,60%on pre,and its toooo much,but I like it.Enjoy and let us know how you like it.

The RSW15 takes under 6 AMPS even at full blast.No need for any special(dedicated)15AMP outlet.

The HGS18 needs one,as it can gulp a solid 12 AMP at full blast,again who pushes subs this far?

Besides me not many. 1.gif

I have dedicated outlets,I have many subs and many power hungry power amps.But anyone with even a BIG receiver and a RSW15 needs not to worry.

TheEAR is correct on the electrical needs of the REW-15. I have a 15 with a 6 amp fuse and a big receiver that runs 7.1 speakers. I use an outboard amp for the RF-7s and have never blown a breaker. The circuit is 20 amp just for the HT room.

Your ears are more likely to give out than the fuse unless there are too many other appliances on the same circuit.

Bill