Surround Sound Speaker and Stand Question

HanSolo

Hi Larry,

I've got RS-7's, but I assume the RS-3's are pretty much the same. They are really designed to be hung on the wall. They come with a couple of keyhole mounts for that purpose. But of course, you certainly can put them on stands instead. As for which stand, I don't know of any specific recommendations from klipsch, but whatever you use, they should be able to get them up fairly high. Somewhere over seated ear height, preferably. The klipsch design's width might tend to make them a bit unstable unless you can find a stand with a wide top plate. Crutchfield, Audio Advisor and A Music Direct have good selections of stands. Oh yeah, My 7's came with four little adhesive-backed rubber feet that are suitable for the bottom of the speaker, or for the back, when wall mounted.

----------------

On 2/20/2003 3:13:06 AM James D McCall wrote:

Hi Larry,

I've got RS-7's, but I assume the RS-3's are pretty much the same. They are really designed to be hung on the wall. They come with a couple of keyhole mounts for that purpose. But of course, you certainly can put them on stands instead. As for which stand, I don't know of any specific recommendations from klipsch, but whatever you use, they should be able to get them up fairly high. Somewhere over seated ear height, preferably. The klipsch design's width might tend to make them a bit unstable unless you can find a stand with a wide top plate. Crutchfield, Audio Advisor and A Music Direct have good selections of stands. Oh yeah, My 7's came with four little adhesive-backed rubber feet that are suitable for the bottom of the speaker, or for the back, when wall mounted.

----------------

What if I put my Klipsch RS-7 surround speakers on a stand at ear-level? Will this be okay?

You might try barstools4u.com I just bought a pair thru ebay. I have RS-7's and they are going to modify the top plates of them to better fit. I understand he can modify just about anyway you want depending on what you want to pay. I just took the standard 42" tall ones and he is modifying the tops for nothing. He says it all starts out as steel sheets and tubes so it doesn't matter if he cuts them a little longer or shorter. The labor is where all of the costs are. They are supposed to have wire management and be fillable also. They are meant to hold professional studio momitors so they are VERY heavy duty. That also means they are sold singly so you have to buy two. But I don't have mine yet, I'm supposed to get them next week. I'll be able to tell you more about the quality then. This is the first thing I've bought off of ebay so I'm holding my breath.2.gif

Larry,

I had a similar question a few months ago. Didn't have any real answers I just knew I wanted something a little above ear level. I went with the Bell'O 36" stands to hold my KG 1.2's. Was a little unsure how they would look but once I put them together they look great and sit perfectly. They have a place to hide speaker wires, metal or flat spikes for the floor, and the also come with velcro. I opted not to use the velcro in fear of ruining my speakers, however once I placed my KG 1.2's on my Bell'O's they sit very nicely and never move. So I didn't have to use the velcro. I think the top plate is 7x7. My KG 1.2's are about 9x9 and sit just fine. Email me if you are interested in pictures, I can send them out to you along with the contact information for the stands.

Thanks,

jag