Cowboy Bebop... actually quite good

Toxic Mule

One day, I was in shopping for DVD's and finally looked through the anime section. I came across Cowboy Bebop, never heard of it before, but it had 6 episodes remastered in DD5.1(english) and DTS(japanese with subtitles). For some odd reason I felt compelled to buy it, even though the package had no real sales pitch.

I liked it so much, I ordered the complete series. I still dont care for most anime, but this series in more entertaining to me than most of our 30 minute tv shows. Its about a few bounty hunters(3 and a computer hacker), and takes place in the future with the characters going from planet to planet. Each one has a mysterious past, with some episodes giving a glimpse into them. What really amazed me, was the quality of the stroyline and originality of individual episode's plot. This is not for kids, as it contains mature content. Its quite amazing that an animated show can make you laugh, entertained, and care about the main characters. If u want to add at least one anime to your collection-try this one.

Love Cowboy Bebop. Good stuff. If you like the more mature stuff, I have a few feature lengths to recommend.

Ghost in the Shell: Not only one of the best animes ever, but IMHO on of the best films ever conceived. After you watch it, you'll notice how many scenes that the matrix ripped off. DO NOT watch the english dub...it is more confusing than reading the subtitles.

Akira: Probably the anime that gained acceptance for the genre worldwide. Very intelligent, a bit disturbing. Get the Japanese DTS version.