DENON 3300

tbird1

Allright!!!!

Tbird1 or Denon owners....Should Item 5 be 6ch as Tbird has it or 2ch??? Could this be part of the problem if only running 2ch?

Also, do you have a set of RCA cords from the TV External audio out L/R to your Denon VCR or TV Audio Inputs? This is required for TV sound info to transfer through Denon and then to your speakers.

ah yea if you're just running 2 speakers it might be good to use the 2 channel settings wink.gif

boy when this thread is done someone might want to print it out and resell it as

"Denon 3300 Manual for dummies too lazy to read the manual twice" biggrin.gif

------------------

go forth & hump the world

Ok Gents,

Don't worry, I was told by another patient that if you asked for the manual a 3rd time you'll be is a Straight Jacket you can say "105 watts per channel".

The last item I figured out on my own.

YES, YES, I indeed had the rca cables from the TV to 3300 but since the I had the setup for the 2 fronts (by the way, there is no 2 channel output from what I could see in Setup) I needed to adjust the rca's to the front vs. surrounds to which I had them plugged in to.

Why the am tuner played in that mode I'll

leave to one who told Noah the specific dimensions of the Ark. But my issue may go on for the same 40 days and 40 nights !!!

Bloomis914, you didn't solve it but you put me on the right path with the jacks. thx

Ok, I don't want to set a new

"Thread record" Should I start a new one ??

We'll call it "From 2nd base to home plate"

I'll be back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tbird1

Tbird, Glad to hear things are looking brighter. The amazing part is I have never owned a Denon!!!!!! I own the Marantz SR-8000 and the manual is as I described above. I have found there is no substitute for just thinking it through on your own and using this board or the HTFORUM for "real world" suggestions.

Good luck, now it's time to get that 5.1 or for Denon 6.1 going!!!!

tbird1 -

Sorry for being silent, but am glad to see that others have helped you out.

FWIW, I was home all day Sunday, had my manual out and was re-doing some settings since getting my RC-3. I was also ready for the phone to ring and hear your voice. smile.gif

One thing you haven't updated us on was your wife's internet search for arsenic. How's that coming along?? wink.gif

Tom Adams

O.K. a question for you t-bird...

You said you had the TV's RCA cables plugged into the surround inputs right? That sounds to me like your using the external inputs. (these are used if you were going to plug in a pre-amp) To make thing easier on yourself you should plug the tv's outputs into the inputs labeled TV. this makes it much easier if you have more than one source (TV,DVD,CD etc)

This might not be the case but just wanted to check. trust me we all feel for you with this set up. Luckily I have banished thet awful remote to the cabinet, never to be used again.

Hope you've got it all figured out!

Ok,

I just auditioned the Reference package. The RB-5's, RC-3's and RS-3's with an Infinity subwoofer. Salesperson said the Klipsch K-12's are not reliable due to fuses or something (feedback welcome).

I tell you all it was very impressive.

As I write this I'm freezing my American Express in block of ice !!!!

Question - What do I gain by Gold Plated rca cables. This will run from the tv audio to the denon EXT IN, FL and FR speaks ?

WARNING - I'm going to start delving (basically pressing buttons)into some of the functionality / options of the 3300.

Keeping in mind that I have a wife and accessible power tools, I'm really trying to get a grip on the basics when time permits.

I truly want to thank everyone who has responded.

tbird

T'bird,

What else do you have to plug in other than your TV?

By reading your posts it seems that your running all of the audio from different sources into the TV and then out to the receiver. If this is what your doing I would suggest trying another approach.

Not sure about all you equipment but if your looking at adding the Reference speakers I'm assuming you have more that just a TV. (but I might be wrong)

Anyway you should (in my opinion) run all of the audio to the receiver otherwise if you have a DVD player you cannot get 5.1 sound. Also there will be a loss of sound quality in running the sound thru the TV.

So if you have more than one sourse let us know I'm sure one of us could suggest the correct way to get yo hooked up. Actually you'd probably get a couple different ideas.

tbird:

As far as the KSW Sub fuse problem goes...we had some shipped with fast blow fuses instead of the correct slow blow fuses they require. If you get one with a wrong fuse, it is a quick, easy fix. The KSW-10 uses a 1 amp slow blow fuse that is part #2701021 at Radio Shack and the KSW-12 uses a 1.5 amp slow blow fuse which is part #2701022 at RS.

PhilH

Big Thanks to Tom Adams for a little one-on-one Cross Country (Georgia to Cali) 3300 Training !!!!

I had gone out and bought the RC-3, hooked it up quite unsuccessfully. With Tom on the phone, a few adjustments and "VIOLA".

It really makes a difference to know us Newbie's are not alone to endure some of the equipment technology that can be soooooooooo frustrating.

THANKS AGAIN TO TOM AND ALL THE REST WHO HELP US.