Wattage

Point Blank

I am concerned with the changes in wattage to this system on the specs sheet as of late. I have the 4.1's and when I got them, way back when, they were 400 watts RMS. Now it says "400 watts peak power". Why?

The subwoofer now says "70 watts". If I am not mistaken, this should be 160 watts, unless the new people that buy this system are getting screwed. The satellites, oddly, are now more powerful, with 80 watts each instead of 60, thereby making JUST ONE of them "more powerful" than the subwoofer, it would seem.

So why the changes? Was this true for all systems all along? Like one satellite more powerful than the subwoofer? If it was true all along, then I can see why lower end systems are just as loud as these. Maybe I am missing something. Feel free to make a fool out of me if I am. I just want to know why the wattage specs have changed so much.

Nothing has changed in the power of the speaker's amps. What changed was the power rating system that Klipsch uses- some new thing that they had to measure.

If the amp can put out a high current, in this case 400W, for more than 30 seconds, it is sometimes considered as a 400W RMS amp, though really it is 400W MBO. (maximum burst output) The PM amp can hit 400W, but it is likely it never will. Your ears will give out before the amp will, probably.

Check out the placement of the sub and speakers, sometimes they affect alot you got the sound or not. Since my bedroom has 2sets of Pro 4.1, I tuned my system is able to listen the mid-high range's sound once I seat down only. I can almost hear the music only if I'm not sitting on the seat while playing some mp3

----------------

On 2/20/2003 2:09:13 PM Point Blank wrote:

With what I paid for these speakers, that damn well better be the case. I dont really take kindly to my roommates 40 watts speakers being as loud as mine though...

----------------

If thats the case your roomates speakers must really sound bad (at that volume at least). Its not so much how "loud" speakers can go as it is how loud then can go without sounding like crap. What speakers does your roomate have btw? Im feeling some serious power from my 4.1s, that my old 50 watt speakers couldnt touch. :)

-Dan