i want to keep my Heresies!

bassetized

hey guys,

i just purchased an H/K 325, so i want to have a 7.1 speaker set...but i want to keep my Heresies. other than getting 5 more of these guys-space is the biggest reason-is there a 5.1 package that would mate up well with my babies? i think i'd prefer monopoles for the surrounds.

thanks bunches,

chels

Not really. You really should get another one for the center that exactly matches your first 2. After that, I liked the sound of the SS-1s and i think you might like them for the rears. Not knowing what sort of 7.1 you are thinking about, it's hard to advise. Where do the last 2 of the 7 go?

SB-3s or RB-3s are obvious alternatives. They are not too big. I was impressed with the RSW-15. It is surely overkill unless your room is BIG, but the RSW-12 should be great.

i'd love to have an all Heresy system-i just don't think it's physically possible in my room. it's aprox 11X20'. Heresies aren't sheilded-how close to my monitor can i place them? and yeah, you're right. Heresies sound nothing like the newer Klipsch stuff. i went on speaker recon not to long ago and was shocked at how different the Ref series sounded from my guys.

i'm not saying it was bad, just unmistakenly different. i'd prefer to have an all Heritage system...but where would we sit?

i might just have to go with something smaller and cheaper, but i'm gonna keep the Heresies somewhere. i've got a Fisher tube amp just waiting for 'em.

what i want HT wise is something that could take advantage of all the processing options my receiver has. especially the Logic 7 stuff.

thanks guys,

chels

Bass

Definetely stay with the all heritage sound. You are right in that the Ref series sound different. Running all Heresys would sound AWESOME IMHO.

As for sheilding the Center, you are mainly woried about the big woofer magnet. I see a lot of Heresys inverted on top of TVs or look in the modifying section, a fellow member made his own center using two smaller woofers with the K77, K700 from a Heresy.

Heresys can still be had for a deal on Ebay, especailly if you find some close and save shipping costs.

But by all means, try to achive the all Heritage sound. You will not be dissapointed.

JM