RF7's in the house

Bruinsrme

When I first auditioned speakers the choice came down to the RF3 and RF7. At the time I chose the RF3 then mixed the RC7 and RS7 into the system.

When Klipsch announced tweeter would not longer be carrying their product I worked out a deal with tweeter.

The RF7s definitely outperform the RF3.

There is a reason they are the flagship speaker and why they are that much more.

Is the extra premium worth it?

without hesitation,YES.

I am now a believer when it comes to timbre matching.

scott

Interesting that TheEAR pointed out that REF7's are great for techno. That they are. Without a doubt, if you're into techno, trance, or electronica, the reference series will sound amazing. I've noticed it's not so great for other types of music. (ie. opera, or any female vocals with lots of sibilance) The ref series really brings out those synthesized highs really nice in electronic music and it has the slam and punch to keep up with the bass beats. Good recommendation TheEARs.

IMHO, REF are the best for HT, rock, and electronic music. Not the most refined speaker for sure. But I'll be damned if you could find a speaker with more slam and dynamics at the same price.

-UP