RF7's in the house

Bruinsrme

Man I have some great friends, they helped me move my RF7's down stairs and helped me move my Sony Wega.

After about an hour of moving these monsters and TV we were finally able to watch a movie.

My review of the RF7's;

OMG

What a speaker.

Now I have one Question. I didn't notice but one of my great friends said the the Center channel blended better with the RF-7s than with the RF-3II. Are they crazy?

Wow do they sound great!!!!!!!

Scott

Scott,

The difference in timbre match is noticeable between the RC-7 and the RF-3s. The 7s should be a much better match to your center. I get the best match using the "front align" MCACC setting on the 49TXi. You will also probably notice the improved dynamics in the RF-7s.

Enjoy!!!

Bill

Legend,

Have you hooked up the speakers?

If you want I have a monster center channel cable its yours if you want it. I will ship it to you if you want it.

http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=63

Send me an email with your address and I will mail it tomorrow.

you will need to buy a set of monsterlock connectors

http://www.monstercable.com/home_av/connectors/speaker_monsterlock.asp

Scott

Sure, much appreciate it Scott. Now I can replace the 18' home depot wire 10.gif . My home address is :

82 Alden st.

Malden, MA 02148. I'll be home this weekend.

Yours RF-3 II are awesome. Its too bad I couldn't stay at home long to listen to it, but I guess an hour of just sitting there is enough for today. 11.gif . It defintely beats the POLK RT800i, however, can't really decide if I should set it to LARGE or SMALL : LARGE HAS extra bass but sound is unclear, while small is clearer , but I'll c.

Thanks always, even from first RSW10.

Regards,

Legend (a.k.a Ralph)

Maaan! Welcome to the wonderful world of RF-7s! They are kick butt speakers are they not? As you could tell, I have loved mine and still do to this day. They will only get better as the time goes on. Enjoy those new babies 9.gif

While we are on this topic? Where the heck is Orange Peel? Did those RF-7s come in yet dude? What is taking so friggan long?!?

Excellent, I'm enjoying my week at home at lot more than usual, must be the speakers. =). I'll just forget bi-wiring the center for now, that cable is the thickest cable I've ever seen.

BTW, do you use Treble and Bass on your HT? Or do you leave it at nuetral? Your speakers sound awesome at nuetral, but I used to put the bass / treble at mid. Let me know your opinion.

Legend

Ralph,

Usually I bypass the treble/bass setting.

Some movies have horrible sound tracks and Iam forced to compensate by adjusting the treble.

It really depends on the soundtrack.

If there is a choice I set my receiver to the following modes;

1. DTS gives you the flexiblity to use or not use the bass and treble better channel seperation

2. Dolby Digital surround same as above but channel serpeartion is second to DTS

3. THX no flexibility what you hear is what you get.

what receiver are you using?

scott

Congrats,RF7's are great inexpensive speakers.Inexpensve considering the quality and efortless power.I have two pairs(front and back,with RC7 and RF5's as side sourrounds 1.gif ).For HT and techno music its THE best choice for the money by far.

Again congratulations,great choice.