My experience with 5 sets of brand new ProMedias..... 4/5 defective

----------------

On 2/22/2003 10:21:16 PM seftonm wrote:

How do you know the logitechs are any more reliable than Klipsch? I have heard reports of multiple bad sets from them too and bad amps.

this is my all time favorite:

----------------

Funny you say that. There are lots of bulletin boards out there. when you ask about reliability for computer speakers, they often talk about how defective logitech speaker systems are. just depends on where you go.

"statistically". no statistics there. those are exact measurements by 3dss.com and they match, mostly, my measurements at home.

well anyways the altec 641 is better than the logitech z560 in every QUALITY aspect (boomy bass is not counted here).

I have had promedia's from every release. v2.400's were almost 4.1's when i got them, go tthe 2.1's when they were released, got the 4.1's a few months after they were released, got a 5.1 about a month or two after release, then two months later i bought another and 2 months later i bought another. 6 month span in flawless 5.1's! 1.gif

What power/line protection do you guys provide for your units ?

I think this is one of the reasons why Justin have been very lucky with all his units.

I guess I'm lucky with my PM4.1. Initially, my sub began to die but since the dealer replaced it, I always made sure that a small fan behind the steel plate of the sub is kept cool and does not even become warm.

My budget does not allow me to buy a proper recevier/speaker setup for now but I could not convince myself to buy a HT-in-a-box type since I have not found one yet that can outdo my PM4.1