tonal settings

big_gto

Members talk about bass differences between Cornwalls And LaSaclas. What bass settings are being used, or are your settings at "flat". Or are you guys using pre-amps without tone controls and equalizers. I have a pair of kg 4.2. They don't provide enough bass with the bass turned up but they sound better than most speakers I've heard. I really want to buy a pair of LaScalas but I'm starting to wonder if they'll sound better than my old Pioneer HPM-1100s. What size room is reccomended for a pair of LaScalas?

the bass differences between las and corns is very noticable, the las need a sub to back them, the corns are thier own sub, but on the other hand the highs on the las are soooooo high and clean, i have both of the mentioned speakers in what most klipschers consider to be a small viewing/listening room, and i cant praise thier performance enough, this is 1 of klipsches strengths, they sound good at all levels, and all music. but i will admit if i had a larger room they would sound better, i cant even imagine that, but that is what i am told12.gif