Cardas cables ?

Dale W

I want to keep my monster cable sigma series with my 380wpc rotel rb-1090 for home theater use. So i need new cable for the tube amps ??

Localy i can buy cardas at $8.00 a foot plus $6.00 each for the cardas rhodium plated spades ( not suppose to oxidize ).

plus a small charge of $20.00 to terminate .

Good cable guys ???? I don't know because i've never used it .

My dealer is also blowing out there last pairs of cardas interconnects that are being discontinued " Hexlink "

any thought on these interconnects ??

Kelly you take a deep breath and a shot of wine before you lecture me on cables again . lol

Dale,

The cables you are talking about are nice but...

I wouldn't do squat.

You just bought a new pre amp. How does it sound?

You just bought and detailed new amps (very nice job). How do they sound?

I have been where you are. I kept upgrading and changing this and that out. Last week I rewired my speakers. Fiday I almost ordered a pair of Nordust SPM speaker wire. Why I don't really know. I drank a bottle of wine Friday night, my system sounded very good. Bottle of wine cost $17. New speaker wire $2,000. I'm sticking with the wine.

What don't you like about your system? Not enough soundstage? Not enough air? Too bright? Dont have new new pre in service?

I would listen to them for a couple month's and then think about it.m It's going to take at least 100 hours before your preamp is broken in.

I have a closet full of speaker wire and interconnect's that I will never use.

With that said I'd look at Marigo IC's if i was going to add anything.

Danny

Let us know how that preamp sounds. I want one and I want it NOW.

yeah dale tell us about the preamp! re: cardas, I have some of their cables and they do sound nice...however I think you should really get used to your new equipment as it is now with whatever cables you have now and then audition cables calmly until you find something that grabs ya. maybe danny can post a list of cables he has in the closet and you can buy something from him...tony

Dale,

Disregard everything I wrote. I really didnt read your post. I just saw cables and went oh man hes doing everything I did.

I changed tubes on my preamp with only 10 hours on them.

If you can solder get some DIY Superlatives. They are very neutral. You want neutral.

I am going to get some Marigo IC soon. A friend swears by them. He is suppose to bring me a pair to try out.

Again disregard everything I wrote. I hope it didnt come off sounding like a jerk. I just didnt want you to catch the upgrade fever.

I have at least 30 feet of Kimber Kable 4TC laying around. I have a pair of Straight Wire Rhapsody II laying around. I have a pair of Audioquest Corals and Vipers laying around, etc.

Danny

Don't worry guy's i'm not totaly insane just yet . This new 2 channel set up is without cables, i'm keeping everything else with my HT set up.

So with that said i'll borrow some cables from my HT for now but still have to buy some new stuff.

I'll be useing NBS Dragon fly interconnects and the sigma for initial firing of the tube amps.

Tonight is the night !!! I bought some 6SN7 GTB'S off e-bay but found out this morning they have not been shipped yet. So my local dealer sold me some Sovtek 6SN7 GT'S . I just picked them up an hour ago, so when i get home tonight i'll light up the amps and tube up the pre-amp.