Denon DVD-1600

Lovebohn

I have a refund check burning a hole in my pocket and want to get a new DVD player. After months of reading reviews and looking for prices the Denon DVD-1600 is the player I'm going to buy. I will only buy this from an authorized dealer and have found it for around the low $400's. Has anyone found a better deal or have a dealer to call for a better price. I have to travel atleast one hour to find a dealership so buying over the phone is not a problem for me. I talked with 6th Ave where i bought my 3802 and they gave me the run around and not even close to what i wanted to pay and no reply from Good Guys. My two other sources will only sell for retail price.

Dave

I bought two denon 1600s from nxgen.com. One for a friend, one for me. That was 3 weeks ago: No problem and works flawlessly. The picture quality is awesome. Only thing I hate is that I would use the remote to jump say from one song to #11 on karaoke DVDs, but it does not allow such thing! That just sux! Another thing is the remote is crap and the response to the remote is crap #2. The picture is worth it, but the functions? ....ahhhhhh

Also the player is very very light. Either it has high quality parts ( which should be lighter than average parts) or simply this player needs to be review physically...7.gif

That's true of course. If you can find an authorized dealer, which I think you did, for the price of 400, that's superb. I'm just giving you my two cents on my transaction with an unauthorized dealer, and not having any problem.

Legend4.gif

I have heard VERY good things about www.reliableaudiovideo.com, in fact, I was ready to order my 1600 and the 5803 from them until a 10% off deal through the military lowered each one's price to a point even lower than the best Internet prices.

Like many other e-tailers at the sub-$400 mark on this player, they are not Denon authorized; but they do warranty the product themselves (which means if there's a problem, you send it to Reliable rather than Denon). Given that the warranty is only a year anyway and the player itself would be pretty light to ship, whatever "extra" you might have spend in shipping to Reliable in the very unlikely event there is a problem might be worth the extra savings to you up front...it's a gamble to be sure, but given the fairly good build quality on this player, I think the odds are in your favor. Just my $.02

- J.T.