Academy Alert

kev313

Oh does it pain me to do this. I have in my possession one perfect walnut Academy. The problem is I cannot use it. My plans for an all heritage ht were dashed upon the purchase of a new house in Chicago. Although I would like to put a nice ht together in my basement, that level is currently one step above a dirt floor. Actually a dirt floor would be an improvement as I would then not have to rip up the one I have now! Anyway, that room won't be coming together for a while. Rather than wait, I am going to sell the Academy to finance a 2 channel upgrade.

$450. I have plans to put it up on ebay but am going to offer it here first so I know it will get a good home. I know someone is always looking for one. If anyone is interested email me.

If anyone wants pictures, I will try to accomodate but it may take a bit. My cameras use...what is that stuff called???...film.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, the Academy is gone.

Hobbit, Yeah, your right. But, like I posted elsewhere, I sure don't want to rip anyone off BUT I am not looking to cheat myself either. Price is based off of Ebay prices.

It's like when I pay ten or twenty times original price for NOS tubes or vinyl. Pure supply and demand (and condition). Frankly, I am surprised that the Klipsch Heritage speakers have not seen this across the board. When I see old Klipschorns going for 1/3 - 1/5 new price on ebay, I think that represents a tremendous deal (especially as these are said to be made of better components than those currently being produced). I suspect it is because there is just too many currently being sold. Look for that to change eventually!

Well, I paid $490 for my oiled oak Academy on Ebay. It was more than I wanted to pay but I went for it anyway. I had lost three Academy auctions and I was tired of it. In the end I'm glad I spent the extra money. The Academy is a great match for my Forte II's.

----------------

On 3/27/2003 7:27:26 AM kev313 wrote:

When I see old Klipschorns going for 1/3 - 1/5 new price on ebay, I think that represents a tremendous deal... I suspect it is because there is just too many currently being sold. Look for that to change eventually!

----------------

I agree that they are great deals used, especially since they are very durable and don't degrade much with age. I guess this is the same reason that there are so many around, many dating from several decades ago!!