New bookshelf speakers will be vinyl only?

tom67

Dammit, is real wood veneer too expensive nowadays to apply to all Klipsch home audio loudspeakers? Why cheapen the appearance of an otherwise very fine looking horn monitor? Well, I guess I can scratch them off my list of Klipsch bookshelf horns that I won't be buying. Sorry Klipsch, for feeling the way I do...I'm sure they're very fine sounding bookshelf loudspeakers, but appearance is just as important as sound to me. Imagine how many complaints you'd receive if your Klipschorns were covered in cheap imitation vinyl veneer!

Dammit all to hell!

The new RB-75 will be offered in the three Reference wood veneers. By moving from wood to vinyl covering on two other bookshelf models, we've been able to offer increased performance at 30-40% reduction in price for those two models. We expect that better sound for less money will be quite popular.

Understood, BobG. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather spend the extra 30-40% in price for any vinyl-clad Klipsch loudspeaker to have a rich, furniture-grade solid wood veneer. For cryin' out loud, this is Klipsch we're talking about..."A Legend in Sound!" Not el cheapo Bose, or AR, Technics, and AudioSource speaker systems you'll find in J&R Music World! I'm sorry, but a true Klipsch loudspeaker is only finished in real wood veneer. You won't find other high-end audiophile loudspeakers from other manufacturers covered in cheap vinyl...I hope!