Academy Alert!

chickey

Bill, I believe he was selling one, not looking for one. This may even be his. He might not have got a response from anyone on the BB and posted it on Audiogon in hopes it would sell prior to going to eBay with it. $450-475 is steep! I realize at times they can go for that on eBay but it is still not a reasonable price for an Academy. I would consider $300 - $350 a little more within reason and closer to its actual value.

oohhh...my ears are burning. Yeah, that is my Academy. I think the price is high too (I would likely take $425 or so), but I was basing it off of: 1) ebay prices 2) limited availibility and 3) condition.

I'm not too sure how else to determine "worth" or "value". I can't say that it is worth less if people pay more for it. I sure don't want to rip anyone off, but I am not looking to give anything away either.

If it's too high, keep looking. If anyone is interested let me know. If anyone is in Chicago and wants to have a look, come on over (Audioreality bought a pair of Fortes from me last year. He came over and we had a day.).

kev