rf3's don't sound like they used to ?

Klipsch-daddy

Weird... My fronts don't sound like they used to? I have to turn my reciever up to a -40 to get volume out of it. I know its not my receiver yamaha rxv-1000. Even turning it up to -30 the driver are loud but they are not moving like I think they should. The horn wsound fine and even the driver sound fine. ?

Are you sure it's the speakers and not your ears going bad? just kidding. Have you already checked cables/speaker wires? Also, did you try driving them in stereo to see if there is a performance difference? Last thing to try would be testing your RF3's on a different receiver. I know this would probably be a difficult option but those are just some suggestions.

Recently I had a party, and I prepared music that I will play. I created playlists in my PC, and then burned them to CDs. The party was going good, but I noticed I had to turn the volume way up to -20 so I can get a decent volume. I was scared my system is overheating or something...

Next day I played some other CDs, and volume is normal.

So check the volume with different CDs, I have quite a big difference in volume on commercial CDs (which should be no surprise, since they use a wide variety of compression).

Regards,

Vladi

I made sure the receiver was off and actually I unplugged it from the wall. I think I will switch it back. I tried it even in stereo mode and they still dont sound like they used to. Seem like I have to turn the receiver up more to get the same volume, and if it was not for my ksw-12 I would have no bass. I did not realize how weak of a bass response these speakers have. I almost wish I had of kept my synergy ksb 3.1's they seem to have more kick to them on stands.8.gif8.gif

well i know for certain that the RF3's put out a ton of bass...perhaps when you unplugged your reciever and messed with the ohm button, the reciever's settings got messed up. I would go through all the speaker settings and make sure your mains are set to large and all that good stuff.

another thing you might wanna check is the binding posts on the back of your speaker. if one of those cool little wires that goes between the top and bottom has been disconnected, then that would make sense as to why you feel they have no bass.

While you're at it, you might as well check the wiring everywhere and see if you can't find anything that might seem weird.

Well I have Rf-3's and they are 8 ohm speakers. And they have no trouble putting out a ton of base, don't get me wrong, I love my svs, but I could do without and still be over joyed. Make sure you don't the crossover set so ridiculously high that they aren't getting any base. I use 60Hz on mine, I would like to go lower, but that's the lowest setting on my receiver.