The best PC speakers to date

PG_Raptor

If it were possible, I'd take the decoder from the Creative Inspire 5700, the sound of the Promedia 5.1, with the looks of the GMX. Is there such a beast? lol

Anyways, I'm looking at buying some new speakers for my pc. What is the best buy for this, hopefully under $300? I could, reluctantly, spend $400. (high schooler, i'm broke 5.gif )

any suggestions?

PG_Raptor

A well balanced system to consider

Cambridge MegaWorks 510D,great sound quality,good build quality.The 550 THX does not sound as good overall,the THX logo is pure hype.

The best true PC speakers to date are the VideoLogic SiroccoPro,its a 2.1 system.Goes for about $800,not the cheapest but the best as far as PC speakers go.

I have the SiroccoPro and MicroWorks.The Cambridge MicroWorks still holds after all these years.

Often the best "PC" speakers are not true PC speakers at all.I use Totem's TABU and ROKK,and also used the Dynaudio Contour 1.1.Need power amp but sound simply amazing.Priced out of 99% of PC speaker budgets too,plus you need quality stands and space to position these.

14.gif