Better Sound?

Audio101

I just added a "sweet" subwoofer to my Klipsch set-up ... is it possible, just by adding the sub that my Fronts sound will improve dramatically?? My system seems alot louder (at lower volumes) than it did prior to having the sub and my Fronts almost sound more clear (if that's possible?)...

Anyone have any comments on that hypothesis??

hiya!

and in answer to your question...ABSOLUTELY!

Especially if you changed your receiver settings to send the low frequency stuff to the sub only, thus freeing up the mains to handle the mids and highs alot better. (At least that's what I've been told...lol). Personally, I noticed a huge improvement all around when I added a sub.1.gif

I added an SVS 20-39 PC Plus .... it shakes the house (EASILY). It's my first sub, so I really have nothing to compare it to. But it sure seems pretty damn good to me!! If I turn the gain up past 25-30% it overwhelms everything ... gets too boomy!! However, if I keep it @ 25% it blends and creates a synergy with my klipsch that ROCK!!

when you add a sub, it allows you to lower the bass level for the mains, which frees up amplifier power. strong bass requires alot of amplifier power, which is better spent on the mids and highs. so when you aren't channeling half of your amp power to the bass alone, it lets frees up some power for the highs which seems to give the system better "imaging" and "clarity".