New PP 6L6 mone amp $249 each

NOSValves

Before I lost my job, I was actually considering buying the two ASL AV-8 Wave monoblocks (10 watts each, using two ECL82 integrated...combine SET/PP in a single bottle...tubes per amp), but I knew that at the sound levels I usually like to play my pipe organ music, and my Cornwalls only being 98.5dB @ 1watt/1meter, these little amps (at $99 each) may not be powerful enough for my tastes.

These new offerings from ASL may be closer to my realization, but I'd prefer if they were 50 watts each instead of 20. Still an excellent deal.

Bill,

Have no clue of the companies quality control , the sound of these amps or anything about them. Just thought I would post they put up another affordable offering on the market. The Wav 8's I have heard before and are a incredible value for the bucks but vintage will kick the dog out of them and most likely these amps also. But some people hate buying used so I thought I would post them up.

Craig

Bill

I have a pair of the Waves and they are good for the price they are kind of Mid-fi sounding (cheap Transformers)and you would be much better off getting a vintage amp like a Scott or Eico from the early 60's and have someone upgrade the caps, like Craig (NOS Valves) and when you were done you would have a high-end amp that sounds great that if you bought new today would cost $3000. to $6000. for a lot less than a thousand dollars. Scott amps for one like the 299B has a sound to die for and can be found on E-bay for two to three hundred dollars if you keep your eyes open.