KV-3 with Ref-7

barona

I'm currently running a pair of KG2.5 as my mains with the KV-3 center bought back in 96'. I heard the REF-7's yesterday and was really impressed. My question is how will the KV-3 match the REF-7's?? do I have to get a new center to match??

My response would be YES! I would certainly get the matching RC-7 center channel so that the timbre is perfectly matched across the front. I am sure you could get away with using it (KV-3) for awhile with some adjustments to the channel volume until you saved up enough to get the matching center for the RF-7's though.

I just started looking into upgrading, the KG2.5's just don't cut it for me anymore as a front speaker and I'm going to move them to the rear. Since the Forte' are not made anymore they might be hard for me to demo which I want to do before I upgrade. I'll look into them to see if there are any for sale in my area though. The REF-7's did sound really good but I'm concerned that I might be missing out with a 2-way speaker.

Hey barona,

I'd be the last one to claim to be an expert, but I do know that there are some very fine and expensive speakers out there that are 2- way, and there are some cheap pieces of junk that are 3-way.

Having said that, I have RF-7's in my theater room and Fortell's in my family room. They are both great speakers.

I needed new speakers in my family room to replace some old JBL's I had so I simply moved the Forte's out there and bought the whole reference system, (mains, center and surrounds)to match. I simply didn't want to go through the hassle of tracking down the Academy center and surrounds I needed to go with the Forte's.

Don't worry about the 2-way versus 3-way

thing. It's what sounds best to you that matters.