New Stratovarious CD!

skonopa

I went and picked up Stratovarious' newest CD - Elements Pt 1 (Pt 2 will be out sometime in 2004). Holy $#!+!! If you are a fan of melodic/symphonic power/prog metel - you must get this CD! Wow, a band with real talent! Friggan amazing! Between the hard hitting guitars and bass along with some absolutly beautiful orchestral parts, this CD is just absolutly incredible! The vocal work is just so awesome. Hell, this CD even has pipe organs in it! The Klipsch/REL has no trouble rendering this one with full authority!

This is definitly not that hip-hop/bubble-gum pop crap that is so common out there now-a-days!

WOW!! I may be wearing out the CD player with this one - just friggan incredible! 10.gif1.gif9.gif I cannot friggan wait till Pt 2!

Now, to get Kamalot's CD - Epica. The bit I heard, I really liked.

Gotta get it through Amazon - none of the record stores around here has it.

I am finding out, after listening to a lot of melodic/symphonic power/prog metal music, this is a genre that the Klipsch RF-7s really seems to shine, especially paired with the REL's very tight and accurate bass, which is what this genre really demands (and one of the main reasons why I went with the REL over other subwoofer models)! I have also played some Symphony X and Kamalot tracks on my Klipsch, along with the Stratovarious, and the incredible sound just continues to blow me away! The Klipsch RF-7 is aggressive and dynamic enough to handle the hard hitting guitars and bass in all thier glory, but refined enough to render the orchestral and choiral parts beautifully.

Tell me this. What in the hell does hip-hop have to do with bubble-gum pop???!!! People should not throw down words they don't know the true meaning behind. You probably mean rap. Sorry to bust your chops but true hip-hop has nothing to do with that stuff you're talking about. Rent the movie Scratch and it'll change your outlook. Does Stratovarious have an entire instrumental album?

----------------

On 4/6/2003 12:50:46 PM synthfreek wrote:

Tell me this. What in the hell does hip-hop have to do with bubble-gum pop???!!! People should not throw down words they don't know the true meaning behind. You probably mean rap. Sorry to bust your chops but true hip-hop has nothing to do with that stuff you're talking about. Rent the movie Scratch and it'll change your outlook. Does Stratovarious have an entire instrumental album?

----------------

I cannot stand rap, I cannot stand hip-hop, and I sure as hell cannot stand bubble-gum pop (N'sync, Britany Spears and the ilk). I have no desire to listen to any of it.

Again I'll state that it sounds like you have no idea what hip-hop culture is all about. What you are saying is akin to me saying "I hate Eric Clapton and any other jazz guitarists." Clapton is not a jazz guitarist and N'Sync is not a hip-hop band.

I love hip hop, but there are different hip hops. I like intelligent hip hop/rap such as Blackalicious. Their name might seem radical but listen to what they are saying, it is not "i got ten hoes in the back of my range rover..." it is intelligent. Another is Deltron 3030 or the Atronomers etc etc. Intelligent hip hop/rap is not the kind you GENERALLY hear on the radio and see on MTV/BET/VH1/MTV2/MuchMusic/MMUSA, it is something somewhat underground. Prodj101 and I have been exchanging some of these groups with great results.

----------------

On 4/6/2003 1:59:49 PM synthfreek wrote:

Again I'll state that it sounds like you have no idea what hip-hop culture is all about. What you are saying is akin to me saying "I hate Eric Clapton and any other jazz guitarists." Clapton is not a jazz guitarist and N'Sync is not a hip-hop band.

----------------

I am fully aware that N'sync (or rather shall I say N'Stink) is not hip-hop. I have heard hip-hop besides the typical mainstream crap that is out there. However, I just simply don't like it. There are many other genres of music out there I'd rather spend my time and money enjoying. Hip-hop is not one of them. Same thing goes with County/Western - I know there is a lot of different Country/Western out there, but I just simply don't like it - regardless of what type it is.

To each his/her own but I still insist that you track down the movie Scratch and give it a chance. I'll mail you $3 to rent it! It's mostly instrumental turntablism with the emphasis on using the turntable as a musical instrument or a tool. Stuff like DJ Shadow, DJ Qbert & Mixmaster Mike.

----------------

On 4/6/2003 4:23:36 PM synthfreek wrote:

To each his/her own but I still insist that you track down the movie Scratch and give it a chance. I'll mail you $3 to rent it! It's mostly instrumental turntablism with the emphasis on using the turntable as a musical instrument or a tool. Stuff like DJ Shadow, DJ Qbert & Mixmaster Mike.

----------------

Okay, I'll admit that was a cheap-shot grouping "N'sync", Britany Spears and other "bubble-gum pop" groups together with hip-hop. In fact, that was a line I borrowed from a review of the Stratovarious CD I saw on amazon.com (or was it Kamalot - Epica - don't remember and don't really feel like looking it up).

I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and go check out that movie sometime next week or so (whenever I have time).

However, I'll still stick with my original opinion that if you like power/prog metal, especially the melodic/symphonic variety, that Stratovarious CD is definitly worth checking out.

Well we all have good taste in speakers here and most have good(and varied) taste in tunes as well. I have a strong interest in many genres of music and believe it or not neo-classical instrumental metal guitar. I used to buy everything on Shrapnel Records. I will listen to Vinnie Moore, Tony Macalpine & Greg Howe then switch gears to The Pixies, Miles Davis & Michael Hedges in the span of an hour. Yngwie's Rising Force album is an all-time favorite. I could just never get into that operatic, technical for the sake of being technical school of Dream Theater playing. Yuck!!! I don't like that singing style at all. I've heard this Stratovarious band's name tossed around and would like to check 'em out so once again do they have a primarily instrumental album?

----------------

On 4/6/2003 11:11:23 PM synthfreek wrote:

I don't like that singing style at all. I've heard this Stratovarious band's name tossed around and would like to check 'em out so once again do they have a primarily instrumental album?

----------------

My tastes in music is pretty eclectic. I have listened to everything from classical to hard-core metal. I just never got into any of that hip-hop stuff, though, but like I mentioned above, I'll go check out that movie you suggested.

Anyway, I don't think Stratovarious has a primarily instrumetal album. They have produced some instrumentals, but I don't think they are all collected together in one album. I guess you could try the internet and find the MP3s. (copywrite issues aside, those p2p can be nice for checking out music before spending money on it).

These are all the Stratovarious instrumentals that I know of (hopefully I did not miss any):

Song (Album)

Fire Dance (Fright Night)

Atlantis (Dreamspace)

Episode (Episode)

Stratovarious (Forth Dimension)

Call of The Wilderness (Forth Dimension)

Requiem (Intermission)

• 3 weeks later...