What are 2 Belles worth (in reasible conditon)??????

KenLehr

Bear in mind that you can some times pick up Klipschorns for that kind of money also. In fact there are a pair of 1968's for sale in Walnut in this forum. I have seen detailed photographs and they are very nice indeed.

I actually bought them but arranging shipping to Western Canada proved to be impossible. Adam agreed to let me off the hook but I still would have loved to have them14.gif

I recently (last month) paid $1,800 for a pair of oiled oak Belles in very nice condition: a 1/8 inch veneer chip out of one lower corner and some water stains on one speaker which I got out with linseed oil and steel wool. I paid this much for them because they were less than 20 miles away, so that I didn't have to mess with shipping, AND I could see and hear them before I bought them. I'm certain that if you stay on this forum long enough you can pick some up for less, BUT you wouldn't be able to preview them, and you'd pay at least $150-200 shipping (or more depending upon where you are in relation to the speakers). I've also seen Belles go for as much as $1,800-2,200 on eBay.