assemble Heresy parts into a new box?

c3conv

I have been reading from many other threads that the parts for the heresy are readily available. I have also been reading that many of the Heresy owners admits the bass doesnot go that low and some even add subwoofer. I would like to know from you guys if you have any suggestion on the box design to improve the bass among other improvements that can be done.

From what I have read there isn't really much you can do to the box if you aare going to keep the existing K-22 woofer.

As I understand it the K-22 used in the heresy is intended to work in a sealed box the size of the cabinet it is already in.

If you start changing the box size or adding ports you are going to effect the cushion/vaccuum of air inside the box which helps to keep the woofer from overextending at higher volumes.

I also believe that changing the box would alter the relative sensitivity of the woofer which could mean you would have to redesign the crossover as well.

For most types of music I find the heresy to have plenty of bass.

Only when cranking up Techno(not often) or some classical do I find myself thinking that it would be nice to have a little more bass.

In my opinion the heresy is a pretty complete speaker as it is, you may find that you just need to add a nice subwoofer to fill out the low end.

Peace, Josh

Here is a mind blower:

Audax HT300Z2 + 15" PE passive (add 200gms) + Heresy + EV Interface A eq = 32hz at 98dB/W

The Audax has 4X the x-max than the K22 does. It is also 2dB more efficent. Make a new back panel and mount the passive on it. Add a 50µF cap in parallel with the woofer (with a type E network).

I can usually find the EV eq on eBay for ~$20

neat idea

Ideas...

1. Chorus II with Passive radiator is fine by me after 8 months of listening.

2. Industrial Heresey model from the late 70s I am familiar with was front slot ported and had pretty good low bass. I spent allot of time with that speaker from 1978 to 1985.