PARADIGM vs KLIPSCH

Which Klipsch model did you compare them to? Was this an A/B comparison ? Audio memory is not very reliable - In other words a decent speaker will frequently sound superior to one's memory of another model that is not available to be directly compared.

Were they being played loudly ? That can skew your perceptions also.

Paradigm makes some excellent speakers but I find the claim that they are better in the mids and bass than a comparable Klipsch model dubious to say the least as those are the ranges where Klipsch shine the most.

I agree w/lynnm.

I heard the RF7 vs the Studio 100. I found the biggest delta to be that the RF7 put a stonger emphasis on treble. I also listened to the Vienna Acoustic Mozarts which are much warmer than even the Paradigms and have less bass and a smaller sound stage than both.

I've heard a lot of other brands but I agree it's too hard to compare B&W N804's at one dealer running on a Krell Showcase to KEF Ref 205's at another deal running with a SUNFIRE stack a week later.

We have both in my house. Phantoms, Atoms, a CC-170 center and a PS-1200 are in the living room ran by an Outlaw 1050. Very detailed, but they lack the slam of Klipsch which I've grown accustomed to. 2 very different sounds. If you like the way they sound over the Klipsch, I would recommend you get them.

I have both as well... but models from very different price points. I have A/B both the Heresy and Paradigm Phantoms at even used them in the same HT for awhile. In a very summarized way, the biggest differences would be (very obvious with pink noise):

-Phantoms Good: Low cost, good low frequency extension smoothly integrated into the mid-range...

-Phantoms Bad: lack of upper midrange and muted high frequency, lack of power handling (these are a base model after all), a little dull

-Heresy Good: Lots of mid-bass kick, great mid-range definition, good high-frequency performance, great power handling

-Heresy Bad: Expensive, lack of bass extension, a little bright

I have never compared my Cornwalls directly to the Phantoms, but they definitely have the bass extension that the Heresys didn't. (I'd even say they sound a little boomy in my room, but I have a resonant room peak around 45Hz).

I have also heard the Paradigm Studio series in the store, and they corrected several of the Phantoms shortcomings in the dynamics of the mid-to-high range frequencies. I would describe them honest and flat. Personally I like my Klipsch as they are exciting and lively.... and having owned Heritage speakers for over a dozen years, I don't find them tiring as some other forum posters sometimes describe them.

Like I said, the comparison in my case may not really be fair considering the price differences.

Rob