Edgar 300hz exponential

BillyRyan

I've e-mailed Mr. Edgar with the following questions...

- Will it be fully useable down to 300hz with a JBL 2482?

- Is it much different in size compared to the Klipsch K400?

- Is it a "shell" or stand alone horn? What is the material?

- How'd the testing go, and are you taking orders yet?

Tubelion,

"Work" is a relative term. This horn is designed with certain parameters in mind (both physical and acoustical) and the driver that meets those design prameters best will have the best success.

I'm no expert, but I've learned to spot them. Bruce Edgar is one. There are others in this forum, as well. There have been a few midrange upgrade projects documented on this forum. It's great reading.

Later, BillyRyan.

• 2 weeks later...

I received a response from Bruce Edgar. All it said was that his current design is "too big for Khorn. I need to know your height requirements."

I replied that I have no height requirements, as the new horn will sit on top of the bass horn with the current mid/tweet enclosure removed.

I haven't heard anything since. A busy man, no doubt.

I'm in the process of getting some JBL 2482's for this application. I've also asked him about his other products (salad bowls), but no response.

Does anyone have any new information, or a price for 300hz Salad Bowls?

Thanks, Bill.

Billy you gotta get off this Klipsch board and go where the hornies hang out, at the high efficiency forum at www.audioasylum.com

Somebody there can help you. Now as I recall Bruce makes 350hz saladbowls that "turn-on" at 500hz. A pair are 7-8 hundred bucks I think. I used to have an Edgar price sheet but can't find it. Anyhow ask over at the AA.

Peavey makes horn adapters that fit the Klpisch mid drivers screw on thread.

They look real close to the adapters the old pre 62 klipschhorns used.The old klipsch horn took the altec/jbl horn patern 3 or 4 bolt "but came with factory adapters for the atlas(k55) and or university 1" horns.

Billy, I was at the Midwest Audio Fest, in Lima, OH, just a few weeks ago. I highly recommend more of us go next year too. I met Bruce...And heard his Titans... They were great....I will admit... His followers almost put him up as a prophet..much like some of us feel about Paul to be fair too, in the Audio Speaker world. He is very kind...was open to chat with anyone and did too.

But I still think I like my K horns better. It's hard to explain other than Klipsch just makes the music so alive for me... Makes me smile!

Bruce's Titans were like a cross between a refined PA speaker..and home stereo speakers too. And Very Very large!!

I hear what you're saying about the Klipsch magic. Whatever mods I end up with, I'll make sure that I have everything to put the Klipschorns back to stock if necessary. There is something very cool about the heritage line straight from PWK's brain...

P.S. I'm still hoping for the 300hz exponential from Dr. Edgar.