Got my new tweeter diaphrams installed

m00n

Moon,

If you're diaphrams were toast and you installed new ones and cannot hear the difference. Well, I think you may not have done it right. The difference should be night and day! I had mine done for me by simply speakers.

Are you sure that you did not damage them or the fine wires getting them soldered?6.gif

Oh no... The existing tweeters work working. Well, let me back up. When the belles came, one of the tweeters was not working. A neighbor and I fixed it and it seemed to work. However, because it had been blown I decided to just order two new diaphrams and replace them both.

Same with my bass drivers. One was blown so I replaced them both.

Hope that clarifies things. 1.gif

I got some new diaphrams and then took the entire tweeter out of the belles, unscrewed the maginet from the place where the diaphrams sits, pulled it appart. Pulled the existing diaphrams out, put the new ones in and re-soldered them. Screwed the mag back on put it back in the belle. Oh and making sure I put the new diaphrams in the correct way. 2.gif

However, I would suggest you not do it yourself. Send it to me so I can change you a few hundred for parts and labor 9.gif

'Oh no... The existing tweeters work working. Well, let me back up. When the belles came, one of the tweeters was not working. A neighbor and I fixed it and it seemed to work. However, because it had been blown I decided to just order two new diaphrams and replace them both. '

OK - Now I'm confused! You just described how you changed the diaphram. So the tweeter was blown and you fixed it and still cannot hear a difference! If it was blown and you changed the diaphram and cannot hear a difference, you did not do it correctly or it was not blown in the first place.

And yes - I have done this taken it apart and everything. I just let simply speakers do it because they warrenteed their work. And they only charged me $70 for parts and labor not hundreds.

Ok... It was not working, my neighbor fixed it and got it working. I then ordered two new diaphrams. From the time we fixed the one blown tweeter, to the time I had got my new diaphrams and replaced them over the weekend the tweeter had been working. So when I said that I was not sure if there really was a difference in sound, I was referring to the time frame after we fixed the blown tweeter and the time I replaced them both. I hope that made since1.gif

Also, I was only very much only joking about the repair work. 2.gif

Ah... well blown may have been a bit missleading. What had happen is that the very small wire from the coil going to the posts where you solder the speaker wire had rotted away or something because when I took the tweeter appart, there was a big chunk of wire missing. We simply attatched new wire to the very tiny peices that was still showing on the coil and then soldered the new extensions to the speaker wire posts through the little holes...

It all seemed to work, but I just didn't trust it so as I mentioned, I got new diaphrams.