Nad 2600

swami49

Anyone had any experience with this power amp? Found one for sale in the $175 range, but don't know if it will go well with an Acurus Act 3 and a pair of Cornwalls? Would appreciate some opinions. Can't spring for the tubes at this point, as I need a cd player, too.

Thanks

I had the identical amp on a pair of Electrovoice in the late 80's... E-V makes a lot of the components in the heritage series... It was a great match for the E-V's... better than the Adcom 555... or any other budget amp... I have tried an old 50-WPC NAD with my Cornwalls... and it sounds great... almost tube-like in timber... just not as lush as tube stuff... or my Aragon, but for $175 you will be very happy... and the best part... that NAD is musical...

Got for it... and enjoy !

FWIW, I am an old NAD user. It is good gear overall.

IMO, the NAD 2200 is by far the BEST amp they have ever made. NAD 2200s are the only NAD amps I will use in my Heritage HT. They are still powering my sides and rears.

Are on Ebay regularly in the $200 range.

JM

Not much difference between a 2200 and a 2600, mainly a facelift job.

These amps had speaker relay problems.

Kind of thin sounding, bright with no real high end.

Short term (before the PolySwitch in the power supply opens up) the 2200 clips at 360W/8R, over 600W/4R on program material.

These amps can play louder than h3ll.