Looking for Heresy, Academy around kansas city

daninkc

Howdy all,

Looking to buy a good used pair of Heresys within a day's driving distance of kansas city or st. louis. non-black-finish, good condition please.

Also looking for a good Academy, non-black-finish preferred but we all know you can't be picky with these.

Serious buyer for right speaker(s), I've been watching eBay for far too long. email me at dan@pcbs.net

Diggs, Howdy! Finally got back to reading my post again. I've been researching those Academys, they appear to have been going for around $200 in 2000, now $350+ in 2003, and it appears new they were around $350. Maybe since the demand for these are so high and going up Klipsch would consider producing them again.

Yeah, EVERYBODY wants an Academy. Klipsch would make a killing if they started producing them again. If you have the room and the desire, you could always build your home theater with 5 or 6 identical speakers. I hope to find another pair of KG-4's and go this route. There were some for sale on Audiogon in KC, but I missed them.

Good news: we found a pair of Heresys for my Dad from this post! Yay! Glad he got bit by the bug.

I wish Klipsch would produce a center channel "compatible" with the Heritage stuff since you can still buy those speakers new; it might just increase their sales of the Heritage line a bit, since now folks have to stay with the newer models to retain proper A/V functionality.

Hello Academy II?

I doubt that an Academy would suit a pair of Heresys. I use mine with Quartets, the bottom rung of the Classics, but terrific for HT. You might consider another Heresy to put under or over your set. They are not too terribly large even for set top placement. The Heresy and Academy have different sound altogether. The Academy/Classic combo provides fantastic blended fronts. Three Heresys might do the same (I also run a Heresy center flanked by KG-4s and I can tell you that it is not even close to the sound of Academy/Quartet. It might be that the D'Appolito design may not be available to Klipsch at this time.) The Heresy was not engineered for center channel use in modern HT. If you score an Academy, you might be better off picking up a pair of Chorus/Forte/Classic to match and move the Heresys to another part of the house, or sell them to me!

Academy II? No amount of vintage following would urge Klipsch to support old speaker lines with new equiment that would not be timber matched to current line speakers. The new top of line Klipsch stuff is not bad. It is just that heritage and classic lines have cult following - for good reason.

The Academy would be actually used with Chorus IIs. I will most likely break down and get a klf-c7 or a set of KG 1.2V bookshelf speakers.

For anyone else in Kansas city, there is a pair of oak KG4's at Retro Inferno (1712 Main street) priced at $350; today the owner said he'd take $300, and he might take less if someone offered, they've been there a while. Not real sure if that's a good price or not, but thought I'd pass it on; since I walked you'd have a good shot at $275 mebbe.

Also looked up the LaScalas ad in the KC Star, wish I had the room but alas, my wife barely allowed the Choruses in the family room.