Half price sale ??

Q-Man

As some of you know, I will no longer be using my K-Horn top sections. I planned on selling my K-Horns and building new bass horn bottoms for my mid. and tweeter horns.

Now a member of this forum asked me if I would consider selling him empty top sections, because he has the drivers, horns, networks, and bass horn bottoms. Before I tell him that I will do this I want to know if anyone has a need for the

Following pairs. At these asking prices.

K77 tweeters $200.00

K55M drivers $200.00

K400 horns $200.00

Klipsch sold them for $400.00 a pair.

AK-2 network $400.00,or AK-3 $550.00, Klipsch sold them for $1,200.00 a pair. I need to keep one pair of networks so I can sell a stock pair of K-Horns yet.

I hate the idea of parting out the Klipschorn top

and wouldn't do this, but since I was asked by a forum member I'll see if any of you are interested in this.

Bill,

I figure that I can sell my walnut AK-2 Klipschorns for $2500.00 as is, and my black oak satin AK-3 pair for $3000.00. So if I say that you can buy a pair of tops and networks for around

$1,100.00 you may think I'm nuts. If I had to build myself a pair to replace the ones that I sell you it would cost me more then that just for the cost of the parts. You can see that from the prices I listed in the previous post.

The guy that I bought my walnut pair from painted the tops black and covered the bottom bass horn with black grill cloth. He did a good job, but that's why I would sell them for $2,500.00. Tonight I applied some lacquer thinner to the back of one of the tops. The black paint comes off rather easy, I don't have to use a stripper to get it off. If someone wants these restored to like new condition I will do it and then sell them for about $3,000.00 I could and will even put the AK-3

network in them and ask $3,300.00 for them and then $2,700.00 for the black satin with the AK-2 installed. This is another reason that I feel that I should put an ad in the local papers. Someone could come see the two pairs and pick their finish and network.

I'm sure that you will say no to the $1,100.00 price for the tops, I just want you to try to understand why I'm asking that amount. If it is too high for you, you can wait untill I see what happens with the local ads. I'm not going to advertise them for a couple of weeks yet. Then after that I will try ebay for local pick up. So, if they fail to sell I may offer them to you at a lower price.

Jim,

If I don't sell you a pair of empty tops, I will offer to build you a pair to help you out.

Feel free to email me.

Q-man,

Perhaps you have 2 Marks talking to you about your parts for sale but I, Mark Voigt at soundbug1@cox.net wants to purchase your K400s and drivers to go with them. I responded with my address and phone number and I patiently await the total with shipping. Just want to make sure you got the right guy for the parts. THANKS. Mark Voigt1.gif

Hello Chris,

I remember you comming down to look at those old Cornwalls. I have another pair! Finished in a beautiful teak wood and with the offset midrange and tweeter horns. They are from 71. They sound as great as the look. I've come across a beautiful pair of 67 Heresys with the EV SP12 speaker in them that are really nice and I'm trying to resurect an old pair of Klipschorns. Always a project going on here! Mark1.gif