Anyone else have their HT system on whenever home?

bensilb

I was just wondering if I was the only one who came home put my stuff down and immediately turned on my HT system. Whenever I am home it is on. The speakers on my TV are turned completely off, so when I watch TV the stereo is on. When I am not watching TV, I am listening to music.

Anyone else?

i still like listenin to tunes & watchin TV.

if u watch tv like that or w/ the sound off for that matter, doesn't it seem more like the actors are acting. my theory is the sound is actually a distraction to a good acting critique. or is it just me?

Hmmmm.....I leave mine off most of the time so when I turn it on it's like a special occassion. I reserve it for times I really want to view something. I don't feel like it just has to be on for it's own sakes. I like to turn it on for music while cleaning the house or cooking but not if I'm doing something that requires my concentration. It's getting harder and harder for me to concentrate these days. I do like to listen to music while watching sports and turning the sound off on the TV. That's very cool.

You know one other thing that's very cool? Listening to music in the dark. I think your brain and auditroy senses become very sensitive when all visual stimuli are removed.

Just a word of warning,although most of you know this.My brother-in-law bought a new RPTV

less than a year ago.I think he left it on regularly.Anyway,a local channels logo thingy-ma-dooger burned into his screen or gun or whatever.Never the less it is ALWAYS on the screen,if only faintely.Warranty will not cover this. frown.gif

Keith

Hey ben, we're all krazy!

Another thing, after posting last night remembered about reading years ago(when the audio passion was really flaming)about the estimated like span of the guns in a RP.Don't

remember the exact number but seems like the estimate was 3000-4000 hours.I do remember it wasn't a terribly long time.I do know mine have lasted over 6 years,so far.Maybe one of the more knowledgeable members has more info.

Keith

This HT was built as nonagenarian stimuli... and so is on nearly all of mother's waking hours since her 93rd birthday. The 65" RPHD and expanded sound system have definitely been a factor in raising her awareness and cognitive processes. A few months ago, I changed out all speakers for Klipsch versions. It started with a pair of KLF 30's on the theory that the brightness of the "horns" would prompt greater awareness... and they certainly seemed to. So, to balance the system, Klipsch speakers were added all around.

Even though sight is usually the sense of primary reliance, as eyes age, cataracts form, and the mind tires of the hassle of tracking fleeting electrons and putting them in a meaningful concept in the ultimate home theater (the one between our ears)... the importance of sound looms ever more stimulating. It is generally easier to process... particularly in the first octave where all you really need to be is hydrated biggrin.gif and the vibes do the rest!

So, for all you "Rock On!" folks, be sure to put a little extra aside for Klipsch support when you hit the "Rock On of Ages." HornEd