Has Anyone Purchased Klipsch Speakers Online?

Vital

I am finding a lot of websites that claim to back the factory warranty through thier store. Do any of you have any experience with any of these places? I am talking about sites like sounddistributors.com, acousticsounddesign.com, 50topsellers.com and places like that.

If they are not authorized Klipsch dealers then how do they get the Klipsch speakers so cheap and how can they sell them? I paid $2000 for my pair of RF-7s and these guys are willing to sell me a pair for $1450-$1550. I am thinking about buying my gear from these places in the future so any info you have on any of these companies will be a great help. I would like to save the middle-man fee if I can.

Look a little closer at these sites. For example, on sounddistribution.com's web site, click on their warranty info page and you'll find the following:

"Most manufacturers do not want internet mail order companies. They do not authorize us to sell on the internet. They are stating "if you buy over the internet the manufacturers warranty will be void." Do not worry!! Sound Distributors will honor the full manufacturers warranty through our store."

This is not an authorized distributor, nor will Klipsch honor the warranty. They claim to honor that warranty through the store, but then you're putting your faith in this store instead of in Klipsch. I've heard many horror stories of people getting screwed by these kind of places as far as warranty work not being honnored. Also, realize that you are purchasing grey market goods. most authorized dealers, the good ones at least, are willing to come down of prices with you, and even though you'll pay a little more, it may be worth the piece of mind knowing you have Klipsch's warranty as well as a liberal return policy on your side.

Just my $.02

And just for the record, sound distributors wants $349 for a KSW12, I bought mine for $225 from Ultimate Electronics last year. So really you can get a deal as good if not better at the B&M dealers than the unauthorized internet sites. Even if you pay slightly more, it's worth it to me to know I don't have to mail it in and pay for shipping and wait for a replacement, I just drive over there and they give me a new one.

I bought all my Klipsch speakers from Uncle's in NYC (along with a Yamaha DSP-A1). Sent them a check for $12,000 or so to cover K-Horns, KLF-30s, KLF-C7, KSP-S6s and a KSW-15. They were authorized at the time, not sure now. I checked with the Better Business Bureau on Uncle's before I sent them any cash (they checked out OK).

I would check with the BBB first before ANY internet purchase of expensive stereo equipmnet from ANYONE before sending $.

1.gif

Which brings up the question which no one seems to answer....If manufacturers don't want their products sold on the net, why the hell do they sell them to these net companies for far less than retail, which enables the net company to make a profit? You would think that manufacturers would simply sell direct to the public or use outlet stores.

These are what are often referred to as grey market sales. They largely consist of B-stock, returns, stolen items, or backdoor sales. Click on the "unauthorized dealers" link in the bottom right corner for more info. Generaly they have fairly good price points compared to b&m retailers, but you really don't know what you are getting and you aren't protected by Klipsch's warranty.