Tube Amps/Variac

dodger

Greetings:

I have some tube equipment not used for awhile. I have read about powering up using a Variac.

Not familiar with a variac - questions:

Where can I rent/borrow one from?

Tubes in or out when starting?

Instructions for use?

Thanks

----------------

On 5/16/2003 8:45:44 AM Johnny dB wrote:

Dodger,

Are you going to fire up those old Mac amps? Variacs can be had farely cheap on ebay. Tubes in when powering up, right Craig?
2.gif

----------------

Hey Brother{

1st - hope you're still happy - looking for paperwork for - have not forgotten (see post on concussion.)

Yeah I've decided that since I have spare KT88s (Genalex) and Matched 6L6gt"s, Ill use them first on the Chorus IIs when I bring them over or on the RF7s. For what I paid for the spare KT88's, I've got to do it.

In my years, nothing has ever sat unused so for all that THINK I know, I still have more to learn. Help!!!!

dodger

Yeah, I read you took a nasty spill. Sorry to hear about that. That plays right into your negative attitude; something good happens then something crappy!8.gif I absolutely LOVE the 'Scalas. I'm applying the finishing touches today and they'll be in the house this weekend. They look great!9.gif