Picture of MCM 1900 Industrial Loudspeaker & me

woolygums

----------------

On 5/17/2003 9:44:27 AM easylistener wrote:

My god that thing is huge. How does it sound? What are you using to drive those beasts?

----------------

It sounds GREAT! Weird, this is my first Klipsch and they are enormous. Weight at a little over 1200 lbs for the stacked pair!

I am right now using a Parasound 6 channel high current amp with 80 WPC at 8 ohms. With the amp wide open I can not input more than about 2 on a scale of 10 from the preamp or be deafened. These speakers are very high efficiency it does not take much wattage to drive them when you get the crossovers working and eq balanced.

I have just gotten a Parasound AV-2500u with a 5.1 card, and a Parasound CSE that will give me the two mains, two center surrounds and two rear surounds and a rear subwoofer.

I also just got a B&K THX Reference 7250 5 channel with 200 wpc at 8 ohms. Will integrate this into the system as well. Will be running some of the Klipsch MCM speakers on individual channels. Got a couple of Crest FA901s for the subs. WHEW this is turning into a PROJECT!

Am right now researching designs for the subwoofers and a center main that will be compatible with the MCM 19000s.

Anyone have any suggestions?