McIntosh MA6100 - Feedback?

dougdrake

I'm just tire-kicking on this (isn't that how most purchases start?)...but there's an estate sale here with a McIntosh MA6100 for sale. They are trying to sell it as part of entire system including Acoustat (?) speakers, turntables, records, etc...

But, if they can't they will consider selling items separately. Anyone have any feedback on the MA6100 Integrated Amp? If the price is right (and that's relative), is it a nice item to have?

They are also selling a Sherwood S9500B amp and a S3300FET tuner.

Thanks in advance.

Doug

I have an MA6400 which must be somehwat similar though a decade newer...I love it! mine is quite powerful 100 watts versus the 70 watt ma6100 (but depending on your speakers that should be more than enough!) and sounds quite refined, I use it in my bedroom system with a pair of RB-5s...great Mc-stuff! check out roger russell´s site for more specs,

http://www.roger-russell.com/amppre.htm#ma6100

regards, tony

Damn. Whenever I go to an estate sale, all I ever find is something like an old Yorx combo unit, speakers that are 18 inches tall and 5 inches deep, and records that are scratched to s**t.

What are they willing to let the Mac go for if selling separate?